Top Review by 5thCourse
This is exactly what I was craving and more! Lovely savoury flavour, the dill rounds it out so well. The meatballs can be made really small, mine grew quite a bit. I didn't measure everything precisely for the meatballs (I just had a little ground meat in the fridge, so I halved the meatball recipe). If you've no natural yogurt, a dollop of sour cream tops it off superbly. Thanks so much for posting!
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- to taste flour
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (less if using dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, onion, dillweed, 1 egg, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix to combine ingredients thoroughly.
- Shape into small balls and dredge lightly in the flour.
- Set aside, heat the broth to boiling.
- Drop the meatballs in.
- Add the rice. Lower the heat and cook about 35 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and additional dill You can serve with a dollop of yogurt on top if you like. >From the Kitchen of ramsgate