Recipe by Nelka
This recipe is typical for the Strandja Mountain region in Bulgaria. Once again, I took it from the Bulgarian National Cuisine cookbook of Zemizdat.
- 10 eggs
- 10 ounces cheese
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 7 ounces dried breadcrumbs
- black pepper
- frying fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs with the cheese, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat the frying fat.
- Place the egg mixture in the hot fat in spoonfuls to form cutlets.
- Serve with tomato sauce and/or a fresh seasonal salad.
- NOTE: I suppose that if the mixture is too liquid, and won’t form cutlets, you can increase the quantity of cheese and/or breadcrumbs. Or, you could also add the eggs one at a time to make sure the texture comes out right.