1/1 Photo of Bulgarian Chushki Burek (Bulgarian Peppers Burek)
Traditional Bulgarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the peppers
- 8 bell peppers (red or green)
- 500 g white feta cheese (from cow or sheep)
- 100 g yellow cheese
- 5 eggs
- 300 g breadcrumbs
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (smashed with a pinch of salt)
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (powder)
- 150 g oil or 150 g olive oil
For the sour souse
- 1For the sauce:.
- 2Mix together the garlic and the spices and then add the yoghurt and then the oil and the vinegar.
- 3Cool the sauce in the fridge before you serve it.
- 4For the peppers:.
- 5Barbecue the peppers (or fry them without oil) until their skin becomes dark brown (be careful not to burn the peppers). Then peel off the skin, clean the handle and the seeds from inside.
- 6Grind the white feta cheese, the yellow cheese and the tomato and mix them all together. You can add 100ml of the feta cheese water so that the mixture will not be too thick.
- 7Mix 1 egg and add them to the cheese mixture then add all the spices.
- 8Fill the peppers with the ready cheese mixture.
- 9In two separate bowls put the bread crumbs and in the other mix 4 eggs with a pinch of salt and a pinch of baking powder.
- 10Boil in a pan oil at 180°C and then dip the already filled peppers in the bowl with the eggs, then in the bowl with the bread crumbs, and then again in the eggs and fry them in the oil.
- 11Serve the peppers hot with a sour sauce.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulgarian Chushki Burek (Bulgarian Peppers Burek)
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1139.5
- Calories from Fat 703
- Total Fat 78.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 375.6 mg
- Sodium 2371.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 38.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: