Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This fruity Bulgarian dish is from Silvena Rowe who is a UK tv Chef of Eastern European heritage. She is really interesting to watch as she is always creating dishes that are unique for UK chefs.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 ounces bulgur wheat
- 2 tablespoons golden sultana raisins
- 21 fluid ounces chicken stock, warmed up
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and when just hot add the onion and sauté.
- Stir in bulgur and season.
- Add the sultanas and hot chicken stock and cook until bulgur is soft, and all the liquid is absorbed (about 20-30 minutes).
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts and swirl over the honey.
- Serve hot.