Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a very easy and refreshing dessert. It's usually served during family gatherings and celebrations here in the Philippines.
- dissolve gelatin and sugar in 1 1/2 cup water, and bring to boil.
- add the remaining 1 1/2 cup water.
- remove from heat and stir in the pandan essence and food color.
- transfer into a flat container and refrigerate until firm (about 2-3 hours).
- cut the gelatin into 1 inch cubes.
- in a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose cream, milk and sweetened condensed milk.
- stir in pandan essence.
- drain off all the liquid from the buko meat before adding to the cream mixture.
- gently mix in the gelatin.
- serve chilled.
Thank you for this recipe. I married a filipino and I love surpising him with dishes that remind him of home in the Phillipines.