Recipe by Helping Hands
Something different for breakfast - quick, easy, and delicious! I often make this with spicy mustard, pepper jack cheese, green chilies, and sliced onion, but I like spicy! Use your creativity and build the breakfast sandwich of your dreams (the possibilities are endless)! :-)
Top Review by Studentchef
I'm always looking for interesting new ways to prepare my egg sandwiches. I used a round challah roll, had it buttered, used Montarey Jack cheese, some green onions and tomatoes. I didn't use any meat, but it wasn't necassary. The margerine and cheese slightly melted under the warm egg, which was really nice and added a creamy texture to it.
- 2 slices bread, of your choice
- 1 egg
- butter (condiments of your choice) or mustard (condiments of your choice) or mayonnaise (condiments of your choice) or ketchup (condiments of your choice)
- 2 slices cooked bacon or 1 slice ham or 1 cooked sausage patty
- 1 -2 slice cheese, of your choice (1 to 2 slices, depending on how cheesy you like it)
- sliced onions (your choice of vegetables) or tomatoes (your choice of vegetables) or green peppers (your choice of vegetables) or green chili (your choice of vegetables)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray microwavable bowl with cooking spray.
- Crack egg into bowl; do not stir.
- Microwave egg for 1 minute. Check egg; if needed, cook for a few more seconds (10 second increments), until yolk is the way your like it.
- While egg is cooking, toast bread.
- Spread with condiment of your choice.
- Add breakfast meat and veggie to 1 slice toast, and cover with cheese slice.
- Place covered toast slice in microwave on paper towel, and cook for 30 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
- Combine toast slices, and enjoy!