Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Something different for breakfast - quick, easy, and delicious! I often make this with spicy mustard, pepper jack cheese, green chilies, and sliced onion, but I like spicy! Use your creativity and build the breakfast sandwich of your dreams (the possibilities are endless)! :-)
- 2 slices bread, of your choice
- 1 egg
- butter (condiments of your choice) or mustard (condiments of your choice) or mayonnaise (condiments of your choice) or ketchup (condiments of your choice)
- 2 slices cooked bacon or 1 slice ham or 1 cooked sausage patty
- 1 -2 slice cheese, of your choice (1 to 2 slices, depending on how cheesy you like it)
- sliced onions (your choice of vegetables) or tomatoes (your choice of vegetables) or green peppers (your choice of vegetables) or green chili (your choice of vegetables)
- Spray microwavable bowl with cooking spray.
- Crack egg into bowl; do not stir.
- Microwave egg for 1 minute. Check egg; if needed, cook for a few more seconds (10 second increments), until yolk is the way your like it.
- While egg is cooking, toast bread.
- Spread with condiment of your choice.
- Add breakfast meat and veggie to 1 slice toast, and cover with cheese slice.
- Place covered toast slice in microwave on paper towel, and cook for 30 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
- Combine toast slices, and enjoy!
I'm always looking for interesting new ways to prepare my egg sandwiches. I used a round challah roll, had it buttered, used Montarey Jack cheese, some green onions and tomatoes. I didn't use any meat, but it wasn't necassary. The margerine and cheese slightly melted under the warm egg, which was really nice and added a creamy texture to it.