Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A little bit of fun for the kids this summer. Happy Hunting! Deborah Bugwiches: Whatever filling you choose to put between the top and bottom of your dinner rolls, your little critters are sure to get the shivers when they sit down to eat. You'll want to slice your vegetables a variety of ways in order to make such body parts as legs and antennae, and scales and eyes. What you'll need:
- 1 dinner roll
- carrot, thinly sliced
- lettuce (Small leaves)
- cucumber, thinly sliced
- radish, thinly sliced
- celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- tuna salad
- salmon salad
- deviled ham
- How to assemble: Slice roll horizontally, about 1/2 inch from bottom.
- Pull out bread from top half, leaving walls about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place cucumber or radish slices over bottom halves of rolls, sticking out slightly to make mouths or tongues.
- Spoon a mound of filling on top and cover with top halves of rolls.
- Insert carrot sticks into filling for legs.
- Make two slits on each side of top half of bun and insert lettuce leaves as wings.
- Decorate with vegetable pieces for eyes, antennae, scales and other body parts.
- Attach using mayonnaise.
Would someone please check the Nutrition Facts of this recipe.