Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
Little chefs can help transform sausages and breadstick dough into bugs almost too cute to eat! Dot the backs of these cute bugs with ketchup and mustard and mustard dots for eyes! Your kids will love these. From Pillsbury.com
- 311.84 g canpillsbury refrigerated breadstick dough
- 24 cocktail smoked sausage links (from 14-oz package)
- 177.44 ml shoestring potatoes (from 1 3/4-oz can)
- ketchup (for decoration) or barbecue sauce (for decoration) or mustard (for decoration)
- Heat oven to 375°F Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 12 breadsticks. With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each breadstick in half crosswise, making 24 pieces.
- Wrap each piece of dough around center of each sausage, pinching to seal and leaving each end of sausage showing. Place seam side down and 1/2 inch apart on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on serving plate or tray. Cool 2 minutes.
- Insert shoestring potatoes into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae. Decorate "bugs" with dots or stripes of ketchup.
DD and I made these for Halloween dinner. These are so cute and good too. Thank you for sharing this idea with us, we will use the again. Too cute!!!
Made for Halloween & used the Trader Joe's veggie sticks for "legs" & served with the Curried Ketchup & they were both well liked! Thank you for sharing your recipe!
These went over very well at the halloween party today! Even us adults loved them! :)