Recipe by Susie in Texas
Can't get your kids to eat cooked carrots? Try this variation. A little time-consuming, but well worth it. Deliciously, different taste when you tire of plain 'ole cooked carrots.
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cracker crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, cook carrots and onion in enough water to cover.
- Cook until carrots are tender.
- Drain into colander and set aside.
- In same saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir to combine, making a roux.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine cheese sauce with carrots and onions in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.