Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on CampRecipes.com and made it on a recent trip to Colorado. I used Wheat bagels instead of plain. This was a really nice alternative to the usual scrambled eggs and trail mix breakfast. Clean taste and easy to make! Careful with the honey though, too much can be a mess to clean up. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon raisins or 1 tablespoon dried currant
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 bagels
- Split bagels in half and toast.
- Spread peanut butter over toasted bagels.
- Drizzle honey over peanut butter.
- Add raisins/currants, and shredded carrots.
We had this for breakfast. The carrots added a moistness that made the peanut butter less sticky and the raisins added a nice sweet taste. A nice change from the normal bagel topping. Thanks Chef#281092. Bullwinkle