Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Probably even better than Buggy's first Shortbread recipe. Richer and better textured and just as easy. Prep time includes chilling dough.
- In a medium bowl cream butter with an electric mixer for 1 minute at medium speed.
- Add powdered sugar while mixer is still running, scraping down the bowl 2 times.
- Add flour mixing until just blended.
- Place dough between 2 pieces of waxed paper and roll out to a thickness of 1/8 inch.
- Place waxed paper on a cookie sheet in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove top sheet of waxed paper and slid dough off of waxed paper onto floured counter.
- Cut with cookie cutters.
- Place onto cookie sheet that has been very greased or sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar or other decorations as desired.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Speaking as Buggy... this is the real deal. The first shortbread I ever made. It is tender and delicious. It takes a bit of finesse (as all roll-out cookies do) but I think it's worth it. Just make sure you chill the dough well before cutting it, and keep a close eye on the cookies while in the oven. They cook quickly!