Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Probably even better than Buggy's first Shortbread recipe. Richer and better textured and just as easy. Prep time includes chilling dough.
- In a medium bowl cream butter with an electric mixer for 1 minute at medium speed.
- Add powdered sugar while mixer is still running, scraping down the bowl 2 times.
- Add flour mixing until just blended.
- Place dough between 2 pieces of waxed paper and roll out to a thickness of 1/8 inch.
- Place waxed paper on a cookie sheet in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove top sheet of waxed paper and slid dough off of waxed paper onto floured counter.
- Cut with cookie cutters.
- Place onto cookie sheet that has been very greased or sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar or other decorations as desired.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Speaking as Buggy... this is the real deal. The first shortbread I ever made. It is tender and delicious. It takes a bit of finesse (as all roll-out cookies do) but I think it's worth it. Just make sure you chill the dough well before cutting it, and keep a close eye on the cookies while in the oven. They cook quickly!