Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy and delicious. My youngest daughter got this recipe from Seventeen Magazine when she was about 13.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Gradually add in flour until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread or pat evenly in ungreased 13x9 pan or on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately after removing from oven, prick all over with fork, then cut into bars.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
I was looking for the old fashioned 1/2, 1, 2 shortbread recipie. I needed the temperature and time. Thank you, Buggy. This is such a wonderful recipie. I like shortbread in all it's guises, but I love it just plain with a cuppa.