Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was passed down to me from my Mom who used to make this for me when I was a kid. It was my favorite. Now it's my kids' favorite (and my husband's too)! I make this often for lunch after church or for breakfast-for-dinner nights. It's not the healthiest meal, but it's a great treat.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- powdered sugar
- Turn on oven to 425.
- Put butter in a 9" round glass pie plate and place in oven while it heats up.
- Combine milk, flour, eggs, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- When oven has warmed up pour the batter into the pie plate and bake 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar, cut into four pieces, and serve.
Enjoyed making this almost as much as I enjoyed eating it! This made for a nice change from our usual cereal &/or smoothie, & I'll be keeping the recipe around to make again! Easy & delicious ~ Just what I like! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]