Recipe by Charlotte J
I found this in the June 2002 issue of the Craft Magazine. I'm guessing as to how long it takes to make this.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces beeswax
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cocoa butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces aloe butter
- 2 ounces sweet almond oil
- 3 -5 drops vitamin E or 3 -5 drops evening primrose oil
- 5 -10 drops bug repellant essential oils
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt beeswax, cocoa butter, aloe butter and sweet almond oil in the top of a double boiler.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vitamin E or evening primrose oil and the repellant essential oils.
- Pour the contents into the soap mold and let the bars cool completely.
- To repel insects, rub the bar over exposed skin before going outdoors.
- NOTE: This is not a soap bar.
- BUG-REPELLANT ESSENTIAL OILS: Cedarwood, citronella, eucalyptus, geranium, lemongrass, and sandalwood oils are known to help repel bugs.