Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light creamy crab salad that I could not find A close recipe Anywhere. My grandmother used to make this to go on crackers as an appetizer or on a bed of lettuce. I have found this in one chinese buffet and several others that didnt taste right. Refrigerate til next day for best flavor!! I could eat the whole bowl myself! Mostly found made with Imitation crab but you can try with fresh.(larger recipe because it holds well refrigerated and tastes better each day) Can be halfed but you will wish you had more the third day!
- 32 ounces of flaked imitation crabmeat
- 16 ounces baby shrimp (optional)
- one stalks celery, chopped small
- half onion, chopped small (about 1/8 c.)
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Brake up crab into smaller opened up pieces.
- Rinse and drain tiny shrimp.
- Mix in celery and onion.
- Mix together sugar with mayo and evap. milk.
- Combine with crab mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.(pepper really brings good flavor).
- Chill for at least 4 hrs for best taste, overnight recommended.
- (This is supposed to be wet and creamy when first made. Some Imitation crab soak up a bit of the liquid as it sits.).
- Mix thoughly before serving.