Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Buffet Potatoes are great just as the name says for your buffet. Also, wonderful to have in the refrigerator to reheat when making as many dishes ahead is helpful. We love it with ham, turkey, and brisket. Also, great for potluck dinners. Note: I always use 98% fat free soups and always use fat free sour cream in any recipe that calls for soup and/or sour cream. If you are watching the fats, you might enjoy some of my other casseroles. I love easy casseroles!
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 pint fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Thaw potatoes 45 minutes before assembling.
- Combine potatoes with butter, onion, soup, sour cream and cheese in 13" X 9" X 2" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake one hour at 350 degrees.
- Serves 8-10.
Awesome recipe! I doubled the recipe added a bit more cheese and omitted the bread crumbs. Served with Ham as an alternative to mashed potatos for our Easter dinner!
These potatoes are sure to please everyone. They are creamy and cheesey without as much fat as other potato casseroles. I cut a little more fat by only using 8 oz of cheese and it was still cheesey enough. Thanx for sharing!
This recipe is excellent. I make it for all our holiday get-togethers. I substitute colby cheese for cheddar and top the casserole with more colby instead of breadcrumbs. Yum!