Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is good if you have a group coming for a Sunday buffet (breakfast/lunch).
- 2 dozen eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 lbs diced canned ham (flakes of ham can be used)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 lb grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Melt half the butter in a large nonstick frying pan and add mushrooms.
- Cook until tender.
- Beat the eggs and milk and add to the mushrooms.
- Scramble eggs (depending on the size of you pan you may need to do this in several lots).
- Use remaining butter to prevent burning.
- Place eggs in a 9" x 13" lightly buttered pan.
- Sprinkle the diced ham on top of eggs.
- Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Warm the mushroom soup with the sherry.
- Spread on top.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- This can be covered and refrigerated until needed.
- Bake uncovered at 250 F for 50 minutes.