Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I had to take a crash course in "Know Your Beer 101" (thanks to Aaar friends in the Q & A section) before being able to post this recipe. This one came from another website, I just can't remember the name of it. It was posted on that site by Betty Copeland (her name is at the bottom of my print out). But the recipe is so simple to prepare and sounds delicious. I'll let you know because it's now the weekend, and there's no time like the present to try out a new recipe! Ok, I'm finally editing this recipe because I made it, and all I can say is YUMMY! Since I scorched my rice (I know, I know...first time I've ever done that..but yes, it happened) I served it over toast and it was so good! The only thing I did differently was to use a whole bottle of beer add approx 1 cup of water because I had a little over 3 lbs of steak.
- 340.19 g can beer
- 35.43 g envelope onion soup mix
- 24.66 g envelope brown gravy mix
- 78.07 ml flour
- 1133.98-1360.77 g round steaks
- In slow cooker mix well, beer, onion soup mix and brown gravy mix.
- In plastic bag shake flour with round steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Empty bag contents into slow cooker.
- Gently stir to coat meat with liquid.
- Cover and cook on low (180 degrees to 200 degrees) for about 8 hours.
- Serve over bed of rice or noodles and with hard rolls.
Delicious and quick.
Quick, easy and tasty .... Thanks!
super easy, versatile and tasty! thanks!