Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
What a great recipe for home or an awesome recipe for a pot luck! It's ready to bake in 17 minutes, so with just a few minutes of preparation, (you could actually prepare it and stick it in the fridge until you need it)!
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (the yellow one)
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) French style green beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can yellow wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In medium skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet, crumble and set aside.
- Drain all but about 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet; add sugar, vinegar, salt and mustard.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- In large bowl,combine drained beans, 1/2 can french fried onions and hot sugar mixture.
- Spoon bean mixture into 9X13-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350* for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with crumbled bacon and remaining onions, bake uncovered, 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.