Recipe by Chef Rangel
I came across these trying to crack the Hooter's recipe. I may be partial but I think these are better.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Very easy to make and had a nice flavor. I did marinate the chicken wing sections overnight in buttermilk. I found that a 4 lb bag of frozen chicken wings contains 21 pieces. Made for My-3-Chefs June 2012
- buttermilk (suggested)
- 20 chicken wings, segments
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Greek yogurt
- blue cheese
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sealable container (large ziplock bag, tupperware, covered dish) marinate wing segments with enough buttermilk to cover and let stand overnight. This step is optional.
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine flour, salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper and mix.
- Take a few chicken segments at a time and shake off excess buttermilk. Coat entirely in the flour mixture and set in a sperate container. Repeat with remaining wing segments. Refrigerate coated wings for 1 hour.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and hot sauce just until butter melts. Add black pepper, garlic powder and stir with a whisk to combine. Turn heat to low and keep warm on stove top.
- Deep-fry chicken, 8 - 10 pieces at a time, in 375°F oil (vegetable oil, canola oil, or peanut oil) for 13 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Drain chicken on a wire cooling rack or paper towels for 30 seconds, then immediately toss fried chicken in buffalo sauce mixture and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- For the dip, take at least ½ cup of yogurt and add the blue cheese and cinnamon sugar to your preference.