Recipe by Joanne117
These are hot, spicy, tangy, and sweet. The family and friends favorite receipe for wings.
- 1 cup butter
- 40 ounces kc masterpiece barbecue sauce (large jar)
- 16 ounces Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces honey
- 10 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost and drain wings, if frozen. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large Tupperware container with lid. Add about 1/3 of the wings at a time to flour mixture, cover, shake, add more wings and flour until all wings are added. Shake well and refrigerate one to one and a half hours.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a large pot. Add BBQ Sauce, Hot Sauce (almost the whole bottle, leave about a ¼ left in bottle), Tabasco, Cayenne pepper and about 1 cup honey. Bring to boil and adjust honey to taste.
- Fry wings about 10 at a time until golden brown. Drain a minute or two on paper towels, then add to bbq sauce mixture. Stir well in bbq sauce, spoon out and add to a large roasting pan. Continue until all wings are fried and added to bbq sauce and roasting pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook wings about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing. Reheats well in microwave or oven.