Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 42 mins
These are awesome wings-no one can believe they are not deep fried. See my blue cheese recipe too!
Make and share this Buffalo Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 20 chicken wings
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup frank's hot sauce
- 2 dashes ground black pepper
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place wings on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 40 minutes, turning once.
- Broil for 2 minutes, turning once.
- Toss with Sauce.
- Sauce: Combine butter, hot sauce, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl and microwave until melted.
- Stir for a couple of minutes to blend evenly.
UPDATE: Made this recipe for my extended family and they were RAVING!! I can't believe there aren't more reviews. If you are considering making this, do! My hubby and I have made these wings several times and love them still. I love that you don't have to fry them, and it's all sooo easy. We like using Frank's Hot Sauce and it's the perfect blend of spicy for us.
These were fall-apart tender and very tasty. I have to confess - my cayenne is super hot so I used hot paprika instead. Along with the Frank's Red Hot that I used for the sauce, the wings turned out just barely hot. I think next time I'll add in some cayenne after all. One note: even though I greased my pan heavily the wings still stuck and big chunks of skin tore off. I would highly recommend lining the pan with nonstick foil. Overall though, this is a great way to make hot wings without deep frying. Thanks for posting!
For the best results, use FRANKS brand hot sauce... I'm from Buffalo, that's what the majority of these recipes start with here...