Recipe by MaggiePA
This recipe has true hot wing flavor, not a bit sweet like some recipes. The sauce thickens when it's simmered so that it clings to the wings well.
Top Review by MaggieOhio
I made the sauce but deep fried my wings, drained, then mixed with the sauce. I also added more onion and a little less butter. The onion and oregano definitely made this the best wings we have ever had, topping all that we have had in restaurants, and were the hit of our super bowl appetizers!
- 1 (5 lb) bagfrozen chicken wings
- 2 bottles frank's hot sauce
- 1⁄2 lb margarine or 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except the wings in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cook the wings according to the package directions, either deep-fried or baked; my family prefers them baked at 425 degrees until the meat is tender and the skin is crispy.
- Put the wings in a large bowl, pour the sauce over, toss to coat well; I like to place them back on a baking sheet at this point and bake for another 15-20 minutes in a 300 degree oven.
- Serve with celery sticks, and either blue cheese or ranch dressing.