Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
NOTE: 30 minutes of cooking time is marinating time. Here's another addition to the Zaar chicken wing collection. This is a very quick, easy, tasty, spicy recipe. Serve with Blue Cheese Dip/Salad Dressing and celery if desired. Ranch Dip/Dressing is very good too. Hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do!
- 12 chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons bottled hot pepper sauce (I use Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Meanwhile, rinse chicken wings;pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings.
- Place wing pieces in a shallow non-metal pan.
- For sauce: In a small mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter or margarine, bottled hot pepper sauce, and paprika. Pour mixture over chicken wings, stirring to coat. Cover chicken and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving sauce.
- Place the chicken wing pieces on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- If desired, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Brush with some of the reserved sauce.
- Broil chicken 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn the chicken pieces; brush again with the reserved sauce.
- Broil for 10 to 15 minutes more or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Serve with Blue Cheese or Ranch dip/Salad dressing and, if desired, celery sticks.
We had eaten these a LONG time ago and my boys loved them. I was so glad to find the recipe again. I do not use the paprika, and I used Crystal Hot Sauce. I fry the chicken wings with a little flour, pepper, and Lawry's seasoned salt like I normally fry ckn. Then drain and dip in the melted butter and hot sauce. There are never any leftovers. :o(
Super wings - lovely and hot- I cut the recipe back to 4 wings and used Denzel's Kamakaze sauce - Super Hot and super good - I also used recipe#112329 for the blue cheese dipping sauce-had celery sticks too! I have had Buffalo wings often but this is the first time that I have had Blue Cheese dip & celery sticks along side -Super Good -keep them coming please. Great recipe, also loved having the side order of the Blue cheese dip & celery sticks