Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Measurements are not critical. The vinegar makes it aromatic. The lemon gives it tang. The red hot gives it bang. The honey softens the blow. I don't remember which website I got this from 2-3 yrs ago.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Frank's red hot sauce (trust me!)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (garlic wine)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 6 -9 lbs chicken wings, 'drumettes' (or cut whole wings into pieces do not use the wing tip!)
- Put all the ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer on LOW heat until it is all melted/mixed well. When you first taste it, it's kind of'nasty'. It seems to mellow while your deep frying the chicken. Keep it warm while doing the chicken.
- Deep fry the chicken in peanut oil at 350 deg. a few at a time (7-9). When the 'wingettes' are golden brown and floating, they are done. coat the wings and stand back to keep from getting trampled by the crowd.