Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
In Buffalo we just call them "wings"! This is incredibly easy, and a nice change from regular pizza. Frank's hot sauce is a must.
- 1 pre-packaged pizza crust
- 78.07-118.29 ml pizza sauce
- 78.07-118.29 ml Frank's red hot sauce
- 177.44 ml mozzarella cheese
- 177.44 ml crumbly blue cheese
- 236.59 ml chopped cooked chicken
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- salt and pepper
- Press dough into pizza pan.
- Mix pizza sauce and Frank's. (You can adjust amounts based on how spicy or saucy you like your pizza) Spread over dough.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese - I use a packaged mozzarella/provolone blend, very tasty.
- Sprinkle with bleu cheese, chopped chicken, and celery. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook according to pizza dough instructions on package.
- **Some pizzerias here in B-lo put celery AND carrots on the wing pizza, since that's usually what comes with an order of wings. I leave it off b/c I'm not a fan of carrots on a pizza!**.
I love this recipe. My lips are still on fire. A couple minor changes I'm a wimp so 50/50 Franks and pizza sauce was a little warm, I would prefer 1/2 c red sauce to 1/4 c Franks . I added 2 T butter to the Franks. I used Mama Marys traditional pizza crust and finely chopped celery is a must. Will make this again.
Its football season, and that means wings and pizza around my house! Saw this recipe and it is a great combination of the two. I used 1/3 cup pizza sauce and 1/3 cup Frank's hot sauce and left the carrots off. I just used roasted chicken, but I think it would be really great with grilled chicken. Thanks for posting the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009.
This was a change from our usual homemade pepperoni pizza! I thought it tasted just like a wing dipped in blue cheese. My sons and husband thought it was too spicy( they love Buffalo wings!!??). I used equal portions of Franks and pizza sauce. I omitted the celery. The crumbled blue cheese was tasty melted!!!