Recipe by MeliBug
I had this at the Firehouse in PB and was inspired to make my own at home! so this is what i put together!
Top Review by anme
This was to die for! This recipe produces an excellent spicy chicken wrap. I did make these a bit healthier tho by baking the chicken then tossing in the hot sauce. I had some leftovers on baked nacho chips today which was very good as well!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 4 -6 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce (I use Frank's Hot Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 celery rib
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- lettuce leaf
- ranch dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, peppers and paprika in a medium bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- Cut chicken breast fillets into tiny bits, like 1 or 2 inches.
- Preheat 4-6 cups of vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Dip chicken bits into egg mixture. Coat well. Next dip chicken bits into flour mixture and make sure they are well coated.
- Drop batches of chicken bits into the fryer for a few minutes -- until chicken is browned.
- Combine hot sauce and margarine in small microwavable bowl. Microwave 20-30 seconds until margarine is melted. You can also do this in a small saucepan on the stove. Be sure to stir to combine both ingredients.
- Meanwhile dice carrot, celery rib, and cucumber into small bits. Set aside or place on plate.
- Place fried chicken bits in container, jar, or bowl with lid. Pour the hot sauce mix over chicken, close the lid and shake. Make sure all the chicken is well covered in sauce.
- Place lettuce leaves on plate. You can pour chicken bits equally on each lettuce leaf or serve the chicken seperately and let the eater serve themselves :). Also add bits of cucumber, carrot, and celery. Top off with drizzles of ranch dressing. ENJOY! :D.