Recipe by Wildflour
The first time I ever had “buffalo wings”, I just about flipped!! What an awesome idea that lady from Buffalo, New York had!!! Ever since then, I’ve used the same concept making dips, pizzas, salads, and my latest concoction…HOAGIES! They are REALLY good!!
- 4 hoagie rolls, split in half lengthwise
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (20 ounce) bag southwestern-seasoned chicken breast, strips 7 serving size
- 1 (1/2 cup) bottle Frank's red hot sauce, original or Buffalo Wing flavor
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sweet baby ray's barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 slices muenster cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 12 slices tomatoes, thin slices, I like Roma's (plum)
- 8 tablespoons thick chunky blue cheese dressing, I like Marie's
Directions See How It's Made
- In frying pan combine chicken, hot sauce, 4 Tbl. butter, bbq sauce and chili powder.
- Heat til simmering. Simmer on very low.
- In small bowl, combine 1 1/2 sticks soft butter, garlic and parsley.
- Spread insides of hoagie rolls with butter mixture, (both cut sides.).
- Place open-faced on cookie sheet and broil til lightly toasted. Or 4 minutes at 400º.
- Top each bottom half of hoagie rolls with meat mixture, (pile high), then top each with 2 slices muenster cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each with lettuce tossed with celery, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Top each with 3 tomato slices.
- Top each with 2 Tbl. blue cheese dressing. Place on top halves of toasted hoagie rolls. Cut in half on the bias. Makes 4 hoagies.
- *I use Tyson(fully cooked)Southwest Chicken Breast Strips for this this, but it just would NOT go into the computor right.
- **Note: You can make these with a purchased rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store, too. Just pick the meat off, and cut it into pieces. Leftover chicken, even BBQ’ed, also works well for this. In a PINCH, canned chicken (2-3 large cans) drained, also works.
- Just use whatever you have on hand for convenience or have a taste for!