1/3 Photos of Buffalo Wing Garlic-Toasted Hoagies!
The first time I ever had “buffalo wings”, I just about flipped!! What an awesome idea that lady from Buffalo, New York had!!! Ever since then, I’ve used the same concept making dips, pizzas, salads, and my latest concoction…HOAGIES! They are REALLY good!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 hoagie rolls, split in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (20 ounce) bag southwestern-seasoned chicken breast, strips 7 serving size
- 1 (1/2 cup) bottle Frank's red hot sauce, original or Buffalo Wing flavor
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sweet baby ray's barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 slices muenster cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 12 slices tomatoes, thin slices, I like Roma's (plum)
- 8 tablespoons thick chunky blue cheese dressing, I like Marie's
- 1In frying pan combine chicken, hot sauce, 4 Tbl. butter, bbq sauce and chili powder.
- 2Heat til simmering. Simmer on very low.
- 3In small bowl, combine 1 1/2 sticks soft butter, garlic and parsley.
- 4Spread insides of hoagie rolls with butter mixture, (both cut sides.).
- 5Place open-faced on cookie sheet and broil til lightly toasted. Or 4 minutes at 400º.
- 6Top each bottom half of hoagie rolls with meat mixture, (pile high), then top each with 2 slices muenster cheese.
- 7Return to oven and bake 2 more minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and top each with lettuce tossed with celery, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- 9Top each with 3 tomato slices.
- 10Top each with 2 Tbl. blue cheese dressing. Place on top halves of toasted hoagie rolls. Cut in half on the bias. Makes 4 hoagies.
- 11*I use Tyson(fully cooked)Southwest Chicken Breast Strips for this this, but it just would NOT go into the computor right.
- 12**Note: You can make these with a purchased rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store, too. Just pick the meat off, and cut it into pieces. Leftover chicken, even BBQ’ed, also works well for this. In a PINCH, canned chicken (2-3 large cans) drained, also works.
- 13Just use whatever you have on hand for convenience or have a taste for!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Wing Garlic-Toasted Hoagies!
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 959.1
- Calories from Fat 732
- Total Fat 81.4 g
- Saturated Fat 43.2 g
- Cholesterol 180.9 mg
- Sodium 2108.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
southwestern-seasoned chicken breast