Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I checked out the other recipes posted and this one is alittle different. I bet each one is good -- got this one from niece and received raves about it at parties! Definitely better served warm with Scoops or Tortilla chips.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temp)
- 3⁄4 cup frank's hot sauce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I used the pre-cooked packaged Purdue Original ( chopped it quite a bit more)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fancy shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix hot sauce & cream cheese until smooth.
- Combine in rest of ingredients.
- Pour into 13 x 9 lightly greased pan.
- Bake 30 minutes and then let stand 5-10 minutes.
I love this dip. I used to make a similar, but more layered dip that was good but would separate when it started to cool, and it looked gross. This stays together beautifully, and because my DH is not a huge fan of blue cheese, I find the use of the ranch a nice, tasty alternative. Thanks so much for submitting this. It's become a family favorite.
excellent dip although i think rather than using the frito scoops (they are too salty for this dip) id go for the corn tortillia chips, low salt or unsalted. i did not use the cream cheese at room temp and that made a difference in the consistency i am sure but the taste was very good.