Recipe by Targetgirl
I made this for Thanksgiving to take to my brother's from some things I had on hand that I wanted to use. It was originally going to be my dinner on Thanksgiving Eve, but it turned out so well that I decided to experiment on my family instead! Unlike other Buffalo Wing dips, this one is not warmed in the oven. Note: The Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce is not that little bottle of Frank's Red Hot Pepper Sauce, which is usually listed as an ingredient that goes into most hot wing recipes, but a larger bottle that is actually called Buffalo Wing Sauce.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (can use light)
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken breasts, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup buffalo wing sauce (Frank's preferred)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour or so; overnight is even better.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips and/or assorted veggies, like carrots, celery, cauliflower, red pepper strips and broccoli.