Recipe by Wildflour
My own twist on Buffalo Wings! We eat a LOT of soups here during the winter, this one will definitely warm you up!
Top Review by Fig Newton
This soup is great! I've made this twice now as written, except for leaving out the celery. The only reason I didn't give it 4 stars is because I found that the recipe actually only makes half of what it says. I have to double everything to get 3 man-size bowls.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chicken wing sauce, to taste
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, sauté onions and celery in butter 'til softened.
- Stir flour into pan.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes over low heat, do not brown.
- Slowly whisk in milk and broth.
- Stir in rest of ingredients and simmer over low heat 'til cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with crumbled bleu cheese, and a celery stick inserted in bowl.