Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My own twist on Buffalo Wings! We eat a LOT of soups here during the winter, this one will definitely warm you up!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chicken wing sauce, to taste
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- crumbled blue cheese
- In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, sauté onions and celery in butter 'til softened.
- Stir flour into pan.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes over low heat, do not brown.
- Slowly whisk in milk and broth.
- Stir in rest of ingredients and simmer over low heat 'til cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with crumbled bleu cheese, and a celery stick inserted in bowl.
This soup is great! I've made this twice now as written, except for leaving out the celery. The only reason I didn't give it 4 stars is because I found that the recipe actually only makes half of what it says. I have to double everything to get 3 man-size bowls.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. Just what I was looking for a chicken wing soup recipe. I was in my gastric bypass group and they were talking about chicken wing soup and it was on my mind so I was tickled to find this recipe. My future hubby and I liked this it was really good. My 5 yr old newphew said it was yucky. I made a few changes to the recipe. First I had no cooked chicken so I fryed in a bit of water 3 chicken thighs. I used the same pot to make my soup without draining the grease and I scraped the bottom of the pot to pick the bits off. Second I took the advice of Jonseygiggles and added 1/2 cup more chicken broth. I used Ken's chicken wing marinade sauce. Also since I have a 5 yr old newphew and just had gasric bypass july 25, 2008 I left out the cayenne pepper and the salt to as this didn't need it. I didn't have crumbled blue cheese so I drizzled on Ken's chunky blue cheese dressing over our bowls. Tasted just like chicken wings dipped in blue cheese. Yum! Overall we will have this again. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
YUMMY!! this soup is so different and delicious. My hubby allready wants more...lol