This is a recipee that I found on Memmo's Kitchen's website. It tastes just like the restaurants. I've used this sauce on legs, wings, and thighs. I usually bake my chicken and it turns out great. Easier and less fat than frying.
- Combine first seven ingredients for the sauce your choice in a small saucepan.
- Heat sauce over medium heat until boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce cools, whisk egg yolk with 2 teaspoons water in a medium bowl until pale yellow. Whisk in cornstarch until dissolved.
- Drizzle the hot sauce mixture into the egg yolk mixture in a steady stream while rapidly whisking. Cover the sauce and chill until ready to serve.
My wife and I made these for New Year's Eve and they were great! Thanks for the recipe! As good as anything I have ever had in the Hot Wing department! We used White vinegar instead of Worcestershire sauce because we didn't have any on hand. Excellent!!!
I love this recipe! I'm still tweaking it to get it mild enough for my husband - tonight I cut the cayenne down to 1/4 tsp. and used about 3/4 cup oil - but I looooove it! BWW mild sauce is something I cannot get enough of and this recipe means I can make it anytime I want to! I don't think I'll ever be without this in my fridge. Yummy!
DELISH! I say that even though I only ate 2 wings covered in this sauce. I'm from MN and just can't take the heat. But my hubby and kid cleaned their plates and licked the sauce from their fingers proclaiming that they tasted better than any buffalo wings they've ever had anywhere!!! I didn't add the cayenne because...well, I knew I had to taste test to satisfy my own curiosity and just knew that would blow the doors off...so...yeah. Anyways, these have made the menu for our kid's grad party and she has proclaimed that even though she wanted BDubs to begin with our wings are by far the best and better than anything we could get from any restaurant..."give my compliments to the chef," she said with a smile and a hug. That's enough for me...