Recipe by Eastomgm
This is a recipee that I found on Memmo's Kitchen's website. It tastes just like the restaurants. I've used this sauce on legs, wings, and thighs. I usually bake my chicken and it turns out great. Easier and less fat than frying.
Top Review by rottijohn411
My wife and I made these for New Year's Eve and they were great! Thanks for the recipe! As good as anything I have ever had in the Hot Wing department! We used White vinegar instead of Worcestershire sauce because we didn't have any on hand. Excellent!!!
- 1 cup franks cayenne pepper sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients for the sauce your choice in a small saucepan.
- Heat sauce over medium heat until boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce cools, whisk egg yolk with 2 teaspoons water in a medium bowl until pale yellow. Whisk in cornstarch until dissolved.
- Drizzle the hot sauce mixture into the egg yolk mixture in a steady stream while rapidly whisking. Cover the sauce and chill until ready to serve.