Recipe by Sabatini99
It's a little healthier chili with a kick of buffalo. You can use any variation of colors for the peppers. Top it all off with Mexican cheese and sour cream!
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- spices (Chili 3000 spice by penzeys spices or any powder)
- Frank's red hot sauce
- 10 sliced jalapenos, add to your liking (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 (40 1/2 ounce) canlight red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (40 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (40 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Quinoa per instructions.
- Chop peppers, carrots, and onions.
- In large sauce pot, melt butter, add peppers, carrots, and onions. Sprinkle chili spices to cover vegetables. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Mince in garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add jalapenos, salt, pepper, and chili seasoning. Turn heat down to medium.
- Add the beans, can of tomatoes with juices, and the chicken broth. Stir well and cover. Cook on low heat for about half an hour. Stiring occasionally.
- Add more hot sauce, chili seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Remove lid and cook another half an hour. Serve topped with cheese and sour cream with fresh bread for dipping.