Recipe by Mommy Diva
A tasty looking recipe I am dying to try found in my June 2009 issue of TOH's Simple and Delicious. This recipe uses meat cooked in a sister recipe - Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloins & Veggies ( also posted). I am sure you could make them ahead using the similar seasonings too. :) ***Prep/Total time is listed as 25 minutes for the meal. I haven't made it yet so I can't say until I do. I assume the chopping will take a few....
Top Review by Becky in Wisconsin
*** MADE FOR COOK-A-THON FOR MOMMY DIVA*** This was very, very good. I used soy milk in place of the regular milk, and omitted the cream cheese. I only used 2 TBS. of the hot sauce, but could have used more. And I am not a fan of bleu cheese, so I didn't use that. This recipe came together nicely. And I LOVE when I can cook one recipe, recipe #382710, and get another meal like this out of it. Thanks Mommy Diva for posting this recipe. Keep "fighting like a girl"!!!!
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 turkey breast tenderloins, cooked and chopped (5oz each, see Roasted Turkey Breat Tenderloin & Veggie recipe for seasonings if desired)
- 2 -3 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguini according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile in a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery, garlic and carrot in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and salt until blended then gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil then cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted; add turkey and hot sauce heating through.
- Drain linguini and toss withthe turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and ENJOY! :).