Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachel Ray's Big Orange Book
- 4 big idaho potatoes, cut lengthwise into wedges
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- grill seasoning (i.e. McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup blue cheese
- 4 thick rolls or 4 thick bread, slightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Place potato wedges on rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tbsp EVOO. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast the potatoes for 40-45 min, until crispy and cooked through, turning once or twice.
- In large bowl, use hands to combine the turkey, grill seasoning, hot sauce, chives, parsley, garlic, and salt and pepper. Divide meat into 4 equal portions, thinner in the center than the edges (can use thumb to make deep depression in center). As burgers cook, they will plump in the middle to make a flat, thick burger.
- Heat large skillet over med-high heat with remaining 2 tbsp oil.
- Fry burgers for 5 min each side.
- Melt butter in med skillet over med-high heat.
- Sprinkle flour over butter and cook 1 minute Whisk milk into the roux and season with salt/pepper. When milk comes up to a bubble and has thickened, take pan off heat and stir the cheese into sauce in a figure eight motion.
- To serve, place burger on roll/bread and top with chopped chives. Serve potato wedges with a cup of blue cheese dip garnished with chopped chives.