Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Your grill -- Traditional buffalo wing flavors of pungent blue cheese and fiery hot sauce paired with a perfectly grilled turkey burger -- A match made in backyard heaven! Fire up the grill!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package buffalo, wing seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 large kaiser rolls or 4 large potato buns, split and lightly toasted
- tomato, slices
- crisp dill pickle
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- 1/2 cup bottled hot sauce (optional)
- 1Prepare your outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- 2Saute' the chopped onion with butter in a skillet over medium to low heat. Cook until onion begins to brown, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- 3In a medium bowl, using your hands, mix together the ground turkey, celery, garlic and buffalo wing seasoning mix, just until blended. Next, mix in the cooked onion. Shape into 6 very flat patties.
- 4Brush the grill rack liberally with vegetable or canola oil prior to cooking. Place burgers on hot grill; cook 5 minutes, or just until the meat loses its pink color throughout, turning over once. (Burgers should reach an internal temperature of 170 degrees F.).
- 5OPTIONAL: To turn up the flavor and the heat a notch, in a medium bowl, whisk together the hot sauce and melted butter. While the burgers are cooking, baste them liberally with this mixture.
- 6On the grill or in a toaster, lighlty toast the rolls/buns. During the last minute of cooking, add the crumbled blue cheese to each burger and cover to melt.
- 7To serve, place the lettuce, tomato slices and pickles on the roll/bun bottom; if desired, drizzle the hot sauce and butter mixture over the burger before serving, Cover with roll/bun tops.
- 8Cook's Tip: In small bowl, stir mayonnaise (1/4 cup), sour cream (1/4 cup), crumbled blue cheese (1/2 cup), vinegar (2 teaspoons), and Worcestershire (1/2 teaspoon) until blended. This blue cheese sauce makes about 3/4 cup and is a delicious accompaniment to carrot and celery sticks when serving this spicy turkey burger.
- 9Cook's Tip: For an added treat when toasting your rolls and buns, combine melted butter with garlic and brush on the insides prior to setting them on the hot grill.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Turkey Burgers - Spicy Alternative to the Beef Patty Rut
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.7
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.7 mg
- Sodium 497.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 31.3 g