Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had this wonderful dessert at the Jazz bar by our house last night, it was amazing! This is very rich. You need to make this a day ahead, it must be refrigerated overnight.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 16 ounces baker semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup light Karo syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Mix 1/2 c of heavy cream with the egg yolks.
- In a 3 qt pan, melt the chocolate, corn syrup and butter over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat the remaining heavy cream, sugar and vanilla to soft peak stage.
- Fold into the chocolate mixture and pour into the lined pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove loaf from pan, serve sliced with whipped cream.
I don't get it, I read this recipe twice and I still don't see how much Buffalo to put in. Oh well, I made it without the Buffalo and served with a raspberry sauce made with fresh raspberry and realhipped cream YUM YUM YUM........
This is a very simple and extremely delicious recipe but do splash out and use some seriously good chocolate. I had to use golden syrup instead of Karo, but the flavours were fabulous. Excellent for a dinner party as you can make it the day before and forget about it. Thanks Erin for this recipe. Chocoholics of the world unite!