1/2 Photos of Buffalo Tofu Bites
1 hr 20 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This is another recipe I adapted to be vegan from the Healthy Cooking Class I took over Winter Break. Original recipe used chicken tenders. I really like this recipe because of all the whole grains and seeds that were incorperated into the breading mixture, and the fact that they were baked instead of fried. The chef who created the recipe did not use exact mesurements, so the dry spices that are added to the breading mixture are my own measurements and are all marked "to taste". The chef was also a big fan of the Kashi brand whole grain crackers, but those are NOT vegan. I substituted Wasa wholegrain crackers instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the pressed tofu block into bite sized cubes, place in a bowl, and cover with the hot sauce.
- 2Let marinate in the fridge at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- 3For the breading: In a blender or food processor, mix together the panko, crackers and flax seeds.
- 4Season to taste with the garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- 5Remove tofu cubes from the hot sauce and place in the breading mixture, coating all sides evenly.
- 6Place the breaded cubes on a sprayed sheet pan and cook in a pre-heated 375-degree oven for 18-20 minutes, or until crispy. Serve hot with some cucumbers, carrots, and celery sticks.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Tofu Bites
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1508.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat panko