Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
I came up with this salad after I had leftover meat from Buffalo Style Beef Tacos. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. If you aren't sure of the heat level of the hot sauce in the dressing, start with a smaller amount.
- 1 lb cooked buffalo taco meat (Buffalo Style Beef Tacos)
- 1 lb whole wheat rotini pasta, cooked according to package
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese, crumbles I used Monterey Jack, Colby and Cheddar blend
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle western salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce, preferrably Franks', less if you don't like it hot, you can always add more
- Prepare taco meat according to the recipe. Refrigerate. You need it to be cold.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; cool.
- In a bowl, add taco meat, grape tomatoes, scallions, corn, and cheese crumbles. Stir to combine. Add in cold pasta.
- In seperate bowl, combine Western salad dressing and the hot sauce. Taste to see if you need more hot sauce. Add if needed.
- Pour dressing mixture over pasta mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.