Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
taken from http://www.bitchincamero.com/mel/2009/05/buffalo-sweet-potato-blue-cheese-pizza/ it sounds totally bizarre but could be amazing?
- 354.88 ml unbleached white flour
- 7.39 ml package active dry yeast
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml warm water
- 14.79 ml olive oil, plus more for coating
- 4.92 ml honey
- 29.58 ml dry white wine
- 177.44 ml buffalo wing sauce
- 1 sweet potatoes, baked or 1 sweet potato, cooked in the microwave until tender throughout
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 85.04 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 4.92 ml coarse cornmeal
- Mix the flour and salt in a big bowl, mixing well. Sprinkle the top of the flour with the yeast, then add the wet ingredients and mix together into a big clump.
- Flour a surface, and dump contents of bowl onto it. Knead everything together until all the ingredients are mixed well. Super Lazy Mel Tip: you can knead the dough right inside the bowl. You may hurt your knuckles a bit, but the clean up is much easier.
- Pick the dough up, then lightly oil the bowl and place the dough ball inside, coating all sides with oil. Cover the ball tightly with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for at least 2 hours. I let it sit out on the counter all day while I’m at work and that seems to be fine as well.
- Knead the dough for a bit to remove the air bubbles. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 more minutes.
- If you have a pizza stone, preheat it under your oven’s broiler. If you don’t, preheat the cookie sheet you’ll use.
- While your pizza stone heats, grate the potato with a box grater, or simply mash it up with a fork.
- Roll out your dough as thinly as possible. Sprinkle the cornmeal on the heated stone or cookie sheet, then top it with the dough.
- Brush on half of the buffalo sauce, then cover the pizza with the sweet potato as evenly as possible. Brush on the remaining buffalo sauce and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella.
- Pop that into the oven for 6 – 8 minutes under the pre-heated broiler. Watch it closely. It’s done when the dough is crisp and the cheese is browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with the blue cheese as evenly as possible. Slice and serve immediately.
This was very good. I'm giving it 5 stars because it was sooo much better the following day. We used our own dough recipe so I can't judge that. But, I really enjoyed the hot/sweet combo. A must to add the blue cheese last to get the flavor. I may suggest using buffalo chicken instead of just the sauce, may give it a bit more zing. Thanks for posting tyk, this is a keeper.