Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I somehow ended up with several bottles of Buffalo sauce in the fridge, so I've been using it a lot lately. I made this chili to use some more up. It is tasty, I must say.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce (a buffalo-style sauce like Frank's or Louisiana)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 serrano pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 -4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown ground meat for about 8-10 minutes, or until almost crispy and dry.
- Add all other ingredients to the pot, except for the blue cheese. Be sure to add the can liquid from the beans as well.
- Stir, bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 2-3 hours. Stir every every 15 minutes or so.
- Serve in bowls topped with crumbled blue cheese.