Recipe Courtesy Bobby Flay, 2008 - Grill It! with Bobby Flay - Episode: Chicken Breasts Statler Style Cut
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 39.43 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 29.58 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 118.29 ml hot sauce (recommended -- Frank's Red Hot)
- 29.58 ml honey
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 french-cut chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml ground cumin (8 teaspoons)
- 9.85 ml ground cumin (8 teaspoons)
- canola oil
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml creme fraiche
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley, plus some whole leaves for garnish
- 236.59 ml crumbled blue cheese (recommended -- Cabrales)
JICAMA AND WATERMELON SALAD
- 1Preheat the grill to medium; make sure the grill is ready for cooking over indirect heat. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the 2 tablespoons ancho powder and heat for 10 seconds. Stir in hot sauce and honey and season with salt and pepper. Remove about 1/4 cup for garnish, and keep both portions warm.
- 2Season each side of the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon each ancho powder, and cumin, and the salt and pepper. Drizzle canola oil over the both sides. Grill skin side down over medium heat, uncovered, until the skin in nicely charred.
- 3Flip the chicken, moving it to indirect heat, and brush with a good amount of the hot sauce glaze. Cover and cook, brushing occasionally with sauce, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 4Whisk together the heavy cream and creme fraiche in a medium bowl. Stir in the parsley and blue cheese and season with salt and pepper. When chicken is done, remove from the grill and spoon blue cheese sauce over each piece. Drizzle the 1/4 cup reserved glaze over and garnish with whole parsley leaves.
- 5JICAMA AND WATERMELON SALAD:.
- 6Whisk together juices, honey, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Add the jicama, watermelon, zest and mint and toss to coat. Serve with Buffalo Style Grilled French Cut Chicken Breasts with Blue Cheese Sauce.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Style Grilled French Cut Chicken Breasts With Blue Chees
Serving Size: 1 (700 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1018.3
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.0 g
- Saturated Fat 38.8 g
- Cholesterol 260.6 mg
- Sodium 1506.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 43.8 g