Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe Courtesy Bobby Flay, 2008 - Grill It! with Bobby Flay - Episode: Chicken Breasts Statler Style Cut
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 39.43 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 29.58 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 118.29 ml hot sauce (recommended -- Frank's Red Hot)
- 29.58 ml honey
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 french-cut chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml ground cumin (8 teaspoons)
- 9.85 ml ground cumin (8 teaspoons)
- canola oil
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml creme fraiche
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley, plus some whole leaves for garnish
- 236.59 ml crumbled blue cheese (recommended -- Cabrales)
JICAMA AND WATERMELON SALAD
- 118.29 ml fresh orange juice, plus 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice, pluse 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 29.58 ml honey
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 jicama, cut into matchstick pieces
- 946.36 ml watermelon, in 2-inch chunks
- 78.07 ml roughly torn fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium; make sure the grill is ready for cooking over indirect heat. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the 2 tablespoons ancho powder and heat for 10 seconds. Stir in hot sauce and honey and season with salt and pepper. Remove about 1/4 cup for garnish, and keep both portions warm.
- Season each side of the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon each ancho powder, and cumin, and the salt and pepper. Drizzle canola oil over the both sides. Grill skin side down over medium heat, uncovered, until the skin in nicely charred.
- Flip the chicken, moving it to indirect heat, and brush with a good amount of the hot sauce glaze. Cover and cook, brushing occasionally with sauce, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the heavy cream and creme fraiche in a medium bowl. Stir in the parsley and blue cheese and season with salt and pepper. When chicken is done, remove from the grill and spoon blue cheese sauce over each piece. Drizzle the 1/4 cup reserved glaze over and garnish with whole parsley leaves.
- JICAMA AND WATERMELON SALAD:.
- Whisk together juices, honey, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Add the jicama, watermelon, zest and mint and toss to coat. Serve with Buffalo Style Grilled French Cut Chicken Breasts with Blue Cheese Sauce.