Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not made this recipe but it sounds good. It was in our local TV guide. Posted by request. In a way this is a dip but it sounds great with the wings.
- 4 ounces gorgonzola or 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1 bunch celery, cut into sticks
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine: cheese, sour cream, mayo, milk, parsley, lemon juice& 1/4 tsp salt.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Arrange chicken wings on a rack in a broiling pan and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Broil 5" from heat for 10 minutes, turn wings and broil a further 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan melt butter; combine with the hot sauce.
- Pour sauce over broiled wings and toss.
- Arrange on a platter with the celery sticks and cheese mixture.
- Dip sticks and wings in the cheese.
This was the first time that I ever attempted buffalo wings at home. Wow! These turned out fantastic! I put the broiler on too high and almost turned my kitchen into a blazing inferno, but, you live and learn :) I had to modify the sauce a bit to fit my diet, so I omitted the lemon juice and used water instead of milk. I LOVED it! I used Frank's Red Hot as the hot sauce. Thanks for sharing!
Loved them! I haven't made buffalo wings the correct way before and this was simple and tasted amazing! I honestly absolutely enjoyed eating them :) I modified the recipe a wee bit by adding rice vinegar and brown sugar to the butter and hot sauce mix (I used Frank's Red Hot sauce), so I'm not sure how the recipe would have tasted without it. But either way, kudos and thanks!