Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
A serving of these contains half the calories and two-thirds less fat than the same serving size of traditional buffalo wings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, combine crushed cornflakes, parsley, and salt.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips 3/4 inches by 3 inches.
- In a bowl, combine the 2/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing, water and hot pepper sauce.
- Add chicken, and stir to coat.
- Roll chicken pieces individually in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place chicken strips in a single layer in two lightly greased 15x10x1 baking pans.
- Bake one pan at a time for 18-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, and crumbs are golden.
- To serve, transfer chicken to a serving platter.
- Serve warm with celery sticks, and additional blue cheese dressing for dipping.
It didn't long for these guys to disappear off plates...even the kids polished them off with no complaints.
Beautiful crisp crumb ( that even DH commented on) and moist tender chicken...delicious!
Made for 123 Hits.
These are FANTASTIC chicken fingers! I used the full amount of hot sauce and thought the heat was perfect. I let the chicken "marinate" in the dressing/hotsauce mixture for about an hour before coating it with the crumb mixture. Cook time was perfect; moist chicken and crispy crust. Loved this - it's a winner - thanks for sharing the recipe!
WOW...this chicken is AMAZING! I used chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts because that was what I had in the freezer. I left the tenders whole so they were bigger than what is stated in the recipe. Other than that, I didn't change a thing. I can't believe how much flavor this chicken had. The hot pepper sauce gave it a little "bite" but not enough where it burns your mouth. I used 4 teaspoons of hot pepper sauce and I thought the amount of heat was perfect. So quick and easy to make. I will be making this recipe often. Thanks for another winner, weekend cooker. Made for Aug. 2011 Aus/NZ Swap.