1/1 Photo of Buffalo Stew (Tanka-Me-A-Lo)
1 hr 18 mins
Chef Otaktay's Note:
This is Native Americans "beef stew" if you wanna called it that, It's very delicious and I think you would like it too, but finding buffalo meat might be a problem.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the buffalo cubes on high heat until seared about 3 minutes.
- 2Add 4 quarts of water, potatoes and carrots and boil until veggies are tender.
- 3Add stewed tomatoes and celery and barley cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from fire and place into baking dish.
- 5Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and enjoy.
- 7Note: This stew tastes really great--you can use elk or bear or even rabbit in place of buffalo.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Stew (Tanka-Me-A-Lo)
Serving Size: 1 (888 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 256.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buffalo stew meat