Recipe by ellie_
Buffalo is very lean and a great choice for low fat meals (beef can be subsituted at a higher calorie/fat count). For WW on the flex plan one serving = 3 points. The 24 hour marinating time is not included in prep/cook times. Recipe source: Great Cooking Every Day
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 lb buffalo, cut into 1-inch cubes (top round)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9 x 13- glass dish or bowl combine marinade ingredients (onion - nutmeg).
- Thread buffalo onto metal skewers.
- Place skewered buffalo in marinade, turning to coat, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Spray grill rack or broiler pan with Pam and then prepare grill or preheat broiler.
- Remove skewers from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill or broil skewers 5-inches from heat until done (3 minutes per side for medium-rare).
- Transfer skewers to platter or individual plates.