Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Out of RedBook Magazine. The picture makes you want to run out and make this sandwich.
- 8 dinner rolls (3-inch)
- 1 small romaine lettuce hearts, finely shredded (2 cups)
- 1 celery, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml shredded carrot
- 44.37 ml blue cheese dressing
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 44.37 ml hot pepper sauce (Frank's) or 44.37 ml buffalo, sauce
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese
- Heat broiler Place dinner rolls, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Place under broiler and lightly toast, turning baking sheet to toast rolls evenly.
- In a medium bowl, toss lettuce, celery, and carrots with dressing. Divide the mixture over the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon of the butter and shrimp; saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are almost cooked through.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and hot sauce to skillet; continue to cook, stirring shrimp in "Buffalo" sauce with a slotted spoon, until cooked through, about 1 minute. Spoon shrimp and sauce over lettuce mixture, sprinkle with blue-cheese crumbles, and place roll tops, toasted side down.
real simple and great addition to any slider party
Delish! Only change I would make is to use larger shrimp. Made for New Kids on the Block.