Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband loves these!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (31/40 count)
- 2 cups golden dipt all purpose batter frying mix
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 cups Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Prepare egg wash, by beating together egg and water.
- Melt butter, mix with hot sauce and vinegar.
- Dip shrimp in egg wash then coat with breading.
- Fry in deep fryer (350°F).
- Place in container with hot sauce and turn to coat.
- Serve with celery and blue cheese.
This was excellent! Puts Hooters Buffalo Shrimp to shame. Is was so easy and everybody loved that I could control the "hot" part so easily. kudo to this recipe.