Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Almost like the chicken wings, only better because you use shrimp. Great fare for a get together.
- 73.94 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 20 extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 59.16 ml hot pepper sauce
- 59.16 ml melted butter
- Combine 5 tablespoons of melted butter, 1/2 cup of the pepper sauce and egg.
- Add garlic salt to bread crumbs.
- Dip shrimp in egg batter, then in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in skillet, add shrimp and cook about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until just cooked through.
- Combine the 4 tablespoons of hot pepper sauce and the remaining 4 tablespoons of melted butter and warm over low heat.
- Place shrimp on serving platter and serve hot sauce and blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping.
We did this recipe just like written and Im sorry to say it just didnt work. Breading burnt befor shimp was cooked and fell off. A total disaster we will not be making these shrimp again.
This was delicious!!! I used very large shrimp, made the recipe exactly as written. I made them partly in advance up to step 4. After breading them I left them in the fridge til needed. As you can see on the picture they came out golden brown and crispy. In the keeper file!
This is absolutely delicious. I don't really care for shrimp, but this recipe was wonderful. It's great to dip in blue cheese. We used smaller shrimp when we made it, but it still came out great!